Share this

Our Disney Trip Eighth Day 05-25-09

This was our last day. We were packing up and wanted to do some more shopping before we headed back. We decided to not do a park this day. We had a 10 plus hour trip ahead of us. Ugh!

Here were some last minute pics of our cabin.
IMG_1024

IMG_1025

IMG_1028



You get your own deck and grill too.
IMG_1035

Our cabin number.
IMG_1037


The cabins were a pretty neat place to stay. You get a full kitchen and it sleeps 7, and it's reasonably priced. It is a little further away than some of the other resorts, but you also get to park your car right up to your door. Also, it's nice to NOT be jointed right beside someone else like in a hotel.

One of my souvenirs. I'm hoping someone doesn't still it.
IMG_1034

And who's do you think this hate belongs to? Me! Thanks, Heather. :)
IMG_1038

While we were on the interstate heading back home we had a car honk at us. They were all waving and the little boy in the back was holding a Mickey doll. They too had just left the World.
IMG_1031

IMG_1041

The rain didn't stop for us going home either.
IMG_1042

We were probably still about an hour away from home when Macey started really getting mad. The long trip down there, the 8 long days we had and then the long trip back had finally pushed her over the edge. I still had some glow sticks left over and this bought us a little time until we could find a McDonald's.
IMG_1045


That seemed to do the trick. We didn't even go into the play area. It was late, they were empty and she just ran around. Not something I usually allow, but for this night, it was o.k.


Well there you go. That pretty much sums up our trip. I hope you all have enjoyed our adventure through my blog. We had a blast and we are already making plans to go back.

To view the previous post click here.





Update on Mango, our dog.

Before our trip she started acting weird (you can view that post here. We were afraid we were going to have to put her down right before our trip. She started to improve some and we decided against it. She stayed with a good friend of mine that I use to work for. Slocum Ridge Pet Camp is a wonderful place for your pets to stay.

She loved this so much better than going to the vets and staying, and has much more room to play.
IMG_9826

When we got back to pick her up she was much stronger than she was when we left her.
IMG_9828

She has done fine all the way up until this past weekend. Sat. night she started acting the same way again, but by the next morning was doing much better. That morning my hubby made her a ramp for the stairs. We're still working with her on them. I know our time is limited with her, but as long as she is not in any pain we still want her with us very much.

My name

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady")  – (June 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM)  

So glad you enjoyed your "maiden voyage" to WDW - and I know you're probably already planning your next trip - we always do! I keep all my maps, invoices, itineraries in a binder so I can refer to them as we plan the next vacation. Before you know it, you'll be taking your grandkids too and your kids will be telling them, "I remember when I was your age and we...."

It's priceless.

Awdrey  – (June 22, 2009 at 12:50 AM)  

We are most certainly planning our next trip. Can't wait to go back.

Beverly  – (June 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM)  

i loved all your Disney photos! hope to take my son one day!

Awdrey  – (June 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM)  

Yes, You MUST go someday soon! It can be more affordable than one might think. Depending on what your priorities are. Keep a check on their site as they offer great deals all the time.

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP