Share this

Constructive Feedback

This is a post for Constructive Feedback hosted by



Here it is SOOC
IMG_9786

Here is my edited result.

IMG_9786 copy2

I have a Canon XTI. I use PSE 5.0 I did some adjusting with levels. Unsharp mask. dodge and burn, and an action from Coffee Shop.


Here is another more original look to it.

IMG_9786

Here it is in b/w
IMG_9786 copy



HeartAwdrey



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Amanda –   – (July 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM)  

I love this picture and love your edits... amazing job!!

God bless!

Tara –   – (July 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM)  

Wow, this photos is near perfect SOOC, and all the edits are wonderful! The only thing I can think of is that his hands are cut off at the bottom. Great job!

Awdrey –   – (July 10, 2009 at 10:37 PM)  

Tara, your my new best friend, ;) I would never think any of my photos are near perfect SOOC, but your comment sure did uplift my confidence. I too hated that I his little hands were cut off.

Anonymous –   – (July 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM)  

What a sweet little kiddo. What a great picture as well. I think you did an outstanding job with the composition of this image.

I do like some of the edits you've done to this image. I honestly don't think you need any tips. But I decided to edit this image with just using photoshop and no actions.

On the first image I did, I ran the unsharp mask just like you. Next, dodge and burn the eyes, blurred the lips, then I lightened the image up a bit.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq178/boybariandad/awdreyh-1.jpg


On the second image, i messed around with my hue and saturation just to take a bit of color out of the image.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq178/boybariandad/awdreyh-2.jpg

I just wanted to say, great job and thanks for joining us today.

B Dad

Awdrey –   – (July 10, 2009 at 11:23 PM)  

Thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate my work. It makes me feel a little more comfortable about charging people. I've done mostly free shoots, but can't afford to waste the time on that any more, but have never been sure of myself if I should be charging $ I like your versions and I have never thought about blurring out the lips, I also clear them up like the eyes. Thanks for stopping by.

Drew –   – (July 11, 2009 at 12:27 AM)  

With a photo this good, I couldn't resist joining in on the fun. My attempts to "fix" the photo are at: http://rileyyearinphotos.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-faces-constructive-feedback-friday.html

Awdrey –   – (July 11, 2009 at 1:14 AM)  

Loved, Loved, Loved your version of it. Thank you all so much.

Drew –   – (July 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM)  

Hi, Awdrey! Thanks so much for the compliment! A screen layer can be done in Elements. When I do a screen layer, it's usually the last thing I do. It works beautifully on some photos and not so great on others. :) What I do is flatten all the layers. I then right click on the layer and duplicate it. I highlight the top layer. Up above that layer, find the drop down menu that says "normal" (in the layers palette). (If you hover over it, it will say "blending mode".) Change it from normal to screen. It will change the photo to be very bright. Go to the opacity and take it all the way over to 0. Then, slowly slide it to the right until it adds that little bit of extra brightness. Please feel free to contact me if I'm as clear as mud. :) I'll try to explain it better. Take care!

Angie from theArthurClan –   – (July 11, 2009 at 5:38 PM)  

Hi! I just wanted to say that I love this photo so much that I was hoping you'd let us feature it as one of our future Friday Fix-It photos. If you are interested in doing this, please just send me an email (iheartfaces@hotmail.com) and I'll let you know what I need from you to get started. :)

Thanks,

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP