Share this

Our Disney Trip First Day 05-17-09 thru 05-18-09

Pre Trip/Traveling/First Day

We have had this trip planned for over a year now. We are overly excited. For what ever reason I seem to put things off until the last minute. I was a little over whelmed at all of the stuff that still had to be done the night before. Sorting the kids outfits by day and putting them in zip lock bags didn't help matters. Although this proved to be a godsend later in our trip.

IMG_9832

IMG_9835

Here is the bag of road trip goodies I made for the kids.

IMG_9841

I wanted to stop and have a picnic on our way there. It had been raining for most of our journey. It slowed down enough for us to make a pit stop and eat our sandwiches on the curb of a gas station.



IMG_9847

I had forgotten to take a picture of the van before we left. So here it is at the gas station. My hubby had heard people making comments about it. I was surprised that no one else had done the same thing, that I saw.

IMG_9848


Time to get back on the road. Watching some Disney movies.

IMG_9857

Approaching the toll booths and not liking the looks of the weather.

IMG_9866

Our luggage that was packed on top of the car got soaked from the rain. Our waterproof tarp was ripped on the inside and was no longer a waterproof tarp. Heather and I spent a couple of hours drying all of our clothes I spent so long on washing, packing etc. Here is where the kids clothes being in zip lock bags became very useful. All of there clothes were dry. Thank goodness! I had left Warren in the room with all the kids. When I came back he was passed out and the kids were wide awake. Our first night in Orlando didn't go as planned, but once we had the luggage taken care of we ready for some shut eye and start our big day.



IMG_9877

Getting online with my PSP while waiting on laundry.

IMG_9880


Finally it's the next day. This is what I have been waiting to see, the big welcome sign :)

IMG_9887

IMG_9888

Finally getting to check in. We stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins.

IMG_9901

Alex getting his birthday pin. He got birthday wishes all week long. Such a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday.

IMG_9910

Allison getting her first visit pin. Can you tell she is a little bit excited?

IMG_9917

Our First Park we went to was Magic Kingdom. As soon as we got there I had to drop $45 bucks on ponchos. They only lasted about a day or two before we had to buy more. We found some Disney ponchos at Wal Mart for half the price.

Right off the bat we saw Pinocchio. Macey loved him!

IMG_9935

Traditional photo pose.


IMG_9946

Enjoying our first ride...the Tea Cups

IMG_9952

We all loved Dumbo

IMG_9958

Not one of Macey's favortie characters

IMG_9962

The kids really enjoyed the pressed penny machines.

IMG_9984

Waiting for our names to be called at the Crystal Palace.

IMG_9990

Piglet was a favorite! He was the only one she liked. When they started to make their second rounds I told Piglet that and he gave her another hug.


IMG_9991

IMG_0013

IMG_0018

Alex's first birthday celebration at Disney World.
Side note, I think Disney World provides some of the most ugliest uniforms for their employees.

IMG_0023

Birthday card from the characters.

IMG_0027

IMG_0032

IMG_0034

Madison was a little sad that night b/c she didn't get to see a princess. No matter how much I told her we would be eating lunch with them later in the week she was sad. Right as we were about to leave, she got to see Cinderella in the night time parade. That put a smile on her face and we were able to call it a night.

I have to end this post here, but will be adding more. I took 1,177 photos on this trip so it is taking me a while to go through and upload them all.

More to come...Lots more!

To view the next post click here




My name

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady")  – (June 16, 2009 at 8:45 PM)  

I can see how excited everyone was to finally be there! It's such a rush isn't it? We never get tired of going. So glad you had a great day!

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP