Share this

Butter Cream Icing

Macey's big day is tomorrow. I thought while I was sitting and taking a rest from getting party stuff ready I would post the recipe for icing I use to decorate my cakes. It's pretty simple and it comes from Wilton.

~ 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
~ 1/2 cup butter (I use stick butter)
~ 1 tsp. CLEAR Vanilla Extract
~ 4 cups (1lb.) sifted confectioners' sugar (I don't sift)
~ 2 Tbls. milk




Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.

IMG_7420

{It's more fun if you have a helper} :D

IMG_7422

IMG_7426

Add Vanilla.

IMG_7427

Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time.

IMG_7429

Then clean up the sugar you spilled. Add the milk in last.

IMG_7434


Don't forget to taste it and make sure it taste GOOD!

IMG_7439


There you go.  I'll post of her birthday picks sometime after tomorrow.  Can't believe my BABY is 3! 




Facebook Peeps read this story on my blog at
www.awdreyh.blogspot.com

HeartAwdrey



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP