Share this

Time Out




Last weekend I decided I would go yard saleing. I don't usually do yard sales, as a matter of fact I can't remember the last time I went to one. Anyway, it was fun. I went with a mission. I wanted to find something (didn't matter what) and take it home, clean it up and transform it into something really nice:) This is what I found at the yard sales.

IMG_1398

Yep, I got all of that for $6.50
I was very excited about the punch cups. No I don't use my punch bowl very often, but when I do, I have to use plastic cups b/c they only come with 8. So now I have 29 :)

I'll probably spray paint the baskets and use them in my kitchen. I might use the small one to hold my favorite recipes...not sure.

That long piece will have to have some work to it, but for what I have in mind I don't think it will take much.

The chair, ahhhhh the chair. As soon as I saw it I was excited! I knew I wanted it for Macey. I have been trying out the whole time out thing with her, and I have been wanting a designated spot for it. I thought this chair was perfect for that.

After the yard sales I went to Goodwill. Another place I haven't hardly been to, but think I will visit more frequently. I saw soooo much furniture that had some real potential, but I didn't have much cash to play so I stuck to the little things.
Here is what I got there.

IMG_1399

I plan on using those two shelves with that other shelf on the other photo. The frames will be cleaned up and spray painted. The bowl is for the kitchen. I just couldn't pass up the deviled eggs tray. I don't know if my Maw Maw had one just like it or what, but for what ever reason it reminds me of her.

Oh, and that little black thing in the top right hand corner...I was so excited about that. It is a Polaroid camera, not an antique. I have always wanted a Polaroid. Don't ask me why. I mean, I love my Canon dearly, don't get me wrong;) They had $4.00 marked on it, and I wasn't sure that it even worked. The lady that worked there said she could give it to me for $2.00. I was so happy! That is until I got home and started searching and realized that they no longer make Polaroid film anymore, Hahahaha, right? Why wouldn't I have known that? Oh well so now I have a Polaroid camera that I'll sell for $2.00 is anyone wants it. GRIN

Let's get to the point for this post in the first place. I have been working on decluttering my house, working on projects and trying to get stuff organized (yeah right) I was anxious to get started on that chair I found. I did some research on time out chairs. I found this picture that I really like doing a Google search.


So I re-created the time out part in my software, printed it out and then used a craft knife to cut it out and make a stencil out of it. Here is what I came up with. Feel free to take the image if you want to make one too.
Time Out

After cleaning the chair real good, I spray painted it and then applied the time out. Here is what I came up with.

IMG_1490

IMG_1491 copy

I think it came out pretty good. I kind hate that it's a time out chair now, it's almost too cute to be used for punishment:(

I have tons more ideas up my sleeve, I just don't know when I'll get them all finished. I have big plans for the living room if I can ever get the rest of what I started done.



HeartAwdrey

Hayley  – (July 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM)  

You're so awesome. When I grow up, I want to be like you.

Sarah @ Thriftydecorchick –   – (August 18, 2009 at 2:52 PM)  

This is adorable!! I'm so glad you joined the party. (Sorry it took me so long to visit.) Great job on this!

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP