Share this

Slumber Party

slumber-party copy


Allison, my oldest daughter will be 10 years old tomorrow. Double Digits!! Wow, I can't believe it. Last night she had her first slumber party ever, well you know, I think it was mine too. I think all the girls had a blast. I had several things planned. Some of them went over well and some of them we didn't even do. To get everybody in the slumber party mood, I played some music and they all danced. What better song to play than, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and b/c of theme for of the party I had to play Joan Jet's "I Love Rock N' Roll"

IMG_9177

I kept putting off making the cake for what ever reason until almost the very last minute. I don't know why, I guess I like to be stressed out. :) Every time I do a cake kind of "simple" like this one, I think to myself, all I have to do is just smear the icing on...I always seem to forget how hard it is to get the icing smooth. I think my problem lies with me not being patient enough for the top coat to harden enough before applying the 2nd layer. (If any of you has any tips, please share)
One day soon I'll try to post the recipe for the icing, it's sooo easy and it taste sooooo much better than any store bought cake, to me anyway. I had all of the ingredients for the icing and cake. All I had to buy was 2 boxes of cake mix and I got them for buy 1 get 1 free. So this cake cost a whopping 2 bucks to make. Can't beat that.

IMG_9168


I had told the kids to not bring any pillows b/c we were going to make some at the party. So the next thing we did was start on that.

IMG_9174

We had two 10 year olds and three 7 year olds here. It was interesting to see the difference in their attention span. The older girls seem to love making the pillows and had no trouble what-so-ever. On the other hand, after tieing about 5 knots the younger girls were tired of doing that, lol. The older girls were very nice to help me finish them for them.

IMG_9182

Here are two links with instructions on how to make these pillows. You can also make blankets this way too. Click here for one set of instructions and click here for the other one.

The day before I had measured out the squares and cut all of the slits. All the girls needed to do was tie the knots and add the stuffing.

Allow yourself plenty of time to prepare these. It's very simple, but time consuming, although I do have a toddler and anything I do takes me forever, lol.

We finally got all the knots finished and it was time to add the stuffing. Some how this is when the girls got a little crazy with the stuffing and started to do all sorts of stuff with it. They gave there selves extra "body parts," pretended to be pregnant, and some even demonstrated a bowl movement...Ahem, No! that wouldn't have been my daughter that did that :)

IMG_9185


Here are the finished pillows, some knots still untied in this photo, lol. I Originally was going to add their names with iron on paper, but didn't like that so decided to embroider their names on there.


IMG_9188


Thank you girls for the lovely gifts you gave Allison. She loved them all!

IMG_9191

IMG_9192


Time for some "rockin' cake"

IMG_9197


Having some fun with nail polish. I painted over 100 nails that night. :)

IMG_9199

It's a good thing I don't do nails for a living, lol. I did a horrible job.

IMG_9201

The girls getting ready to watch Madagascar 2. Poor Molly had already passed out. I think she feel asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. They loved this movie. I heard lots and lots of laughs.

IMG_9203

After that movie went off, I still had 3 girls awake so I played Bolt. Before that movie was over all 5 were out like a light. I think it was close to 2 a.m.

IMG_9207


We had a really bad and LOUD storm in the middle of the night. Only two girls woke up from it and they were both mine. The next morning they slowly started waking up around 8 am, by 9 they were all up and I had cinnamon rolls waiting for them. I had searched the web to get ideas and saw that most people suggested pick up time to be around 11 am or even earlier. I thought my that sounds early...by 10 am I was already thinking I wished I had put 11 instead of 12 LOL!! Not for my sake so much but for the kids. You could tell that they had probably had a little too much of each other and were getting little irritable with each other. Nothing major though.

I think it went really well. We did have one noggin' that got bumped and had to wipe away a few tears, about 2 minutes of one that got a little sad, but we quickly fixed that, and the toilet only got stopped up once. Not bad if you ask me.

I really probably should have had plans for Macey to spend the night somewhere, but where? It was hard keeping her out of the "big girl" stuff, but she got to join in on lots of stuff and the girls didn't seem to mind. Macey got her nails painted, and her own pillow too, and LOVES it! I took a picture of all the girls and put it in a frame for them to take home.

IMG_9211

Happy Birthday Allison!

Girls Rock!!



Awdrey

jennifer owens –   – (April 10, 2009 at 9:46 PM)  

Looks like she had a blast

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP