Share this

When things get ugly

This week is hubby's first week to work the new hours of 11am-8pm, YUK! He'll only have to do this when he's on call or when it's his shift week. I hate the time schedule already, as if it weren't easy enough for us to get off track. Even though we have a few extra hours together in the morning, it seems like we are just sitting there waiting until he can leave for work. It makes my day, and I'm sure his too, seem very very long. By no surprise to me the kids seemed to be feeling it too. Constant bickering back and forth. While I was preparing supper, I called them into the kitchen and suggested they play some UNO. They seemed pretty excited. Instead of arguing and stomping, I was seeing laughs and giggles. Ahhh, it worked! While we were eating supper I had them all to think of something nice they could say to each other. No sarcastic remarks allowed. They seemed to enjoy that as well and actually came up with something nice to say to one anther. I think at times when they start to act out at each other, the main reason may be b/c their bored. Get them involved in something, preferably you too, it just so happened I was in the middle of cooking and couldn't stop, and desperately needed to come up with a solution quick...for my own sanity.

After forgetting to say UNO over and over again, she finally remembered this time:)

IMG_8484


IMG_8487


IMG_8488

Oh, and last night my son and oldest daughter decided they want to share a room together. Talk about a turn around. We'll see how long that one will last.




Here is what we had for supper, cheesy crock pot chicken.

IMG_8490
This is so easy to make and very good to eat. I thought I would share the recipe with you.

4-6 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
2 cans of condensed cr of chn soup
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1/4 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder each

Throw all in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Serve on a bed of rice.
Awdrey

Awdrey  – (January 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM)  

I almost said something about that, but didn't. I didn't know that they were two 2's until I uploaded the pics.

Leslie  – (January 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM)  

Dinner looks yummy! I love crock pot cooking. Going to have to try this one. Yeah, the the 11-8 schedule seems like a hard one to get used to. Hopefully you guys will get into a routine that works for you.

BTW... loving your pics!

Unknown  – (February 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM)  

This looks really good! I will pray that the new schedule will be adjusted to easily. I am so glad they could think of nice things to say to each other at supper : ). They are so sweet.

Post a Comment

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails

♥ Grab my button



♥ Blog visits

♥ My photography blog

♥ My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP